“The way to right wrongs is to turn the light of truth upon them.” -Ida B. Wells
Thoughts after yesterday’s assault on the Capitol:
- The entire Supreme Court needs extra security. I wouldn’t put it past some of the MAGA caliphate to try and assassinate Justices to prevent from swearing in Biden and Harris.
- Pelosi and Schumer need to announce a full investigation into the failed response by Capitol Police.
- The Oversight Committee needs to hold hearings on why the Pentagon and White House balked at sending National Guard.
- The FBI needs to track down as many of the participants as they can. They need to hold press conferences regularly to publicize arrests and charges.
- Adam Schiff needs to call a hearing to find out where the intelligence failure was and why the FBI didn’t anticipate this or, if they did anticipate this, why they didn’t act on it.
- Merrick Garland needs to be prepared to put all the puzzle pieces together and prosecute conspiracies to commit insurrection. If the White House, the Pentagon, and the intelligence community knew a violent action was likely but did not act on it, they are complicit. Moreover, Trump is complicit for telling the mob to march on the Capitol yesterday.
- Every journalist needs to explain to the whole world that this wasn’t a protest. Breaking into a building that holds the top three individuals in the line of presidential succession isn’t a First Amendment issue. It’s a national security threat.
- Anyone suggesting that Democrats attempt to work across the aisle needs to be flicked on the nose like a naughty kitten. We do not negotiate with terrorists or their enablers. Period.